Bishop Garcia announced that two Scalabrini priests will arrive in summer to minister in the diocese.
– Bishop requested that pastors give notice of their vacation schedule to parishioners by posting a notice in the parish bulletin
– Bishop headed a group from the diocese to the July 1-4 Convocation of Catholic Leaders in Orlando.
– Three ordinations to the priesthood took place on June 9.
– The Chief Financial Officer announced he is resigning to take a new position. He will not leave until the new CFO is hired.
– Solar energy implementation projects were listed.
– Plans were discussed for the diocese’s Golden Jubilee to take place in December.
– Plans for the May 2018 Priests’ Summit were discussed. Minutes note Filipino priests requested representation on the Priests’ Summit Committee. The next meeting to take place prior to the Priests’ Retreat in October.
– Minutes note a discussion will be scheduled with the Clergy Personnel Board concerning possibility of inviting a priest from the Institute of the Good Shepherd.
– Council meetings for the next fiscal year were listed.