Publications and Research Assistant
The National Federation of Priests’ Councils is seeking a full-time employee to assist this non-profit organization with publications and special projects. Applicants must have experience working with/for Catholic organizations and a working knowledge of the magisterium of the Catholic Church. Professional and attentive communication skills via telephone, email, postal mail and publications necessary. Attention to detail, critical thinking, and good writing skills a must, as well as excellent computer data collection ability. Organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. Grant writing experience a plus. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates preferred.
Specific duties for research and publications:
- Assists the President with all research initiatives as needed, including support, research, reports, files, database, communication
- Selects and/or oversees information relevant to the work of NFPC, scanning incoming publications, newsletters, diocesan newspapers, presbyteral council minutes, other mailings
- Daily scans major Catholic websites and media sites for information pertinent to the Catholic Church in general and priests and presbyteral councils in particular
- Prepares summaries of scanned information, including presbyteral council minutes for submittal in the weekly e-letter, NFPC This Week.
- Prepares and edits copy for Touchstone newsletter
- Edits and proofreads copy of communications submitted by the President, Business Manager, and Communication Director
- Submits digital copy at least three times a week to the Webmaster for posting in the NFPC web site front page
- Prepares weekly e-blast of NFPC This Week to over 1,200 NFPC This Week Coordinates this effort with the Webmaster
- Answers office phone and follows through on information requested, in conjunction with President and other NFPC staff
- Other duties as assigned by President, working in collaboration with other NFPC staff
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
For more information, call NFPC offices at 312-442-9700.
National Federation of Priests’ Councils
333 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1114
Chicago, IL 60601