NEWS FROM THE VATICAN:
- Pope Revises Catechism to Teach Death Penalty is ‘Inadmissible’
- Theodore McCarrick Resigns From the College of Cardinals
- Thousands of Altar Servers Join 12th Annual International Pilgrimage
- Welcome Back, Pope Francis – From Your Summer Hiatus on General Audiences – In his first General Audience after the July break, the Pontiff focused on the First Commandment and cautioned: ‘What is my idol? Take it out and throw it out of the window!”
- “A Critical Time for Bridge-Building: Catholic Theological Ethics Today” concluded on Sunday, July 29, 2018. Our staff has selected two summary presentations for your review:
- Suspicion Surrounds Death of Coptic Orthodox Bishop
- Australian Bishop Wilson Resigns – Convicted for Failing to Report Sexual Abuse
- Des Plaines Priest Among Survivors of Aeromexico Plane Crash – Father Esequiel Sanchez Recovering from injuries in Durango, Mexico
- Will Father Kapaun’s Remains Be Among Those Returned From North Korea? – “This is the valor we honor today — an American soldier who didn’t fire a gun, but who wielded the mightiest weapon of all, a love for his brothers so pure that he was willing to die so that they might live.” – President Barack Obama
- Archbishop Chaput Reflections on Women’s Incredible Value as God’s Daughters
- Remembering Catholic Poet Joyce Kilmer – December 6, 1886 – July 30, 1918
We want to hear from you, our subscribers. Share news from your locale! – And, please share each copy of This Week with your colleagues – invite them to become subscribers.
And that’s the way it is…..until next week.