- Donate: Local strikers need help supporting their families. Donate to the strike fund to make sure strikers can feed their kids and pay for housing.
- Encourage: If you’re headed past the picket line or rally, give a honk or word of support.
- Food: Being on the picket line all day can be exhausting. Stop by the local picket line with snacks and drinks.
- Join: Solidarity is one of the greatest acts of faith. Consider finding your local picket line and join in. Be sure to wear religious garb and let managers know that you are joining because of your faith.
- Host: Have an event at your place of worship. Invite workers to share their stories and learn how to support them. Provide space for organizing, child/elderly care, and fundraising.
- Community support: Get your religious congregation involved. Make banners, host events, sign up for shifts at the picket line, or provide spaces for worker organizing.
- Preach: Whether you preach or there is someone designated to do so, ask that person to address the strikes. Ask them to address the rights and dignity of workers and the need for fair contracts.
- Social media: Use your voice as a person of faith to educate and advocate. Be sure to tag @Marriott and use the hashtags #1job, #MarriottStrike, and your faith tradition (e.g. #Catholic).
- Pray: Offer up prayers for the strikers and for the well-being of their families. Pray for a strong contract that respects the dignity of workers. Pray that Marriott, management, and the union bargain in good faith for the dignity of work and the workers.