- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS – Second World Day of the Poor – November 18, 2018 –
- “This poor man cried and the Lord heard him.
- “On the road again” – Pope Francis to Visit Morocco in 2019
- Second Catholic Pontiff to visit the northwestern African nation.
- The Vatican and the USCCB Sexual Abuse Reforms –
- Developments and news analyses
- Archdiocese of Chicago Commemorates 175th Anniversary
- City’s first and oldest Parish – Old St. Mary’s
As our nation closes the 2018 Veterans Day commemoration, here is an amazing story of faith, courage, and valor –
- Memory of Father Thomas Conway Remains Alive – the Last Chaplain to Die in World War II
- He gave his life for his naval flock.
- Council Notes From Belleville (September 2018)
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Stan Lee – Marvel Comics Mastermind Has Died -“Stan Lee showed us nerds (and Catholics) can be heroes.” – Jim McDermott – America Magazine
Just a couple of reminders!
- Keep in mind our offices will be closed on November 22 and 23, 2018 to observe the Thanksgiving holiday. We will resume normal operations on Monday, November 26.
- NFPC This week will be published on November 25, 2018, albeit in a shortened version – prior to that the editor-in-chief will be elbow deep in preparing cornbread dressing and sweet potato pies.