- Tree of Life Synagogue – Where Life Ended for 11 People on October 27, 2018
- We share the shock, tears, and grief of our Jewish sisters and brothers as they mourn eleven members of their faith who were slain in a merciless act of violence at the Tree of Life Synagogue on October 27. We pray that the Almighty will grant peace to those who died and comfort and healing to their loved ones.
2018 SYNOD UPDATE:
- Pope Francis Closing Homily for Synod
- “May the Lord bless our steps, so that we can listen to young people, be their neighbours, and bear witness before them to Jesus, the joy of our lives.”
- Synod of Bishops Letter to Young People –
- Our weaknesses should not deter you; our frailties and sins must not be an obstacle for your trust. The Church is your mother; she does not abandon you; she is ready to accompany you on new roads, on higher paths where the winds of the Spirit blow stronger – sweeping away the mists of indifference, superficiality, and discouragement.
- Fr. Louis Cameli – Update on Synod on Youth – Video Presentation
- Pakistan’s High Court Acquits Asia Bibi, Christian Woman On Death Row For Blasphemy
- “Living out days like these, we need hope – and Pakistan’s Supreme Court has shot a glimmer of it into the world today. A glimmer worth clinging to, when we need reminding that good is possible. I’m proud of my country, today.” Pakistan writer and educator, Natasha Japanwalah.
- Malaysia to Abolish Death Penalty
- Decision viewed as a “breakthrough” in Southeast Asia and hope grows that other countries in the region will follow their example.
- How to be a Great Confessor
- “Offering tips to other confessors runs the risk of stating the obvious or missing the obvious. But I’ll plow ahead, trusting that something might ring true and either confirm or challenge practices already employed.” – (Fr. Kevin O’Neil)
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Remember, Remember the Saints in November (on Film) –
- Deacon Steven Greydanus’ picks for movies to watch during “Saints Month.”
- And This Week leaves you with thoughts of peace, especially in the United States of America:
- “With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan—to do all which may achieve and cherish a just, and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations.” – Abraham Lincoln – March 4, 1865