NEWS FROM THE VATICAN:
- On the Second Anniversary of his death – Father Jacques Hamel, Europe’s First 21st-Century Martyr
- Seattle Archbishop Emeritus Hunthausen Dies at Age 96 – Youngest Bishop participating in the opening of Vatican II in 1962
- Catholic Extension’s Family Reunification Fund
- Walking Priest Pursues Street Evangelization Hoping Listeners Seek God -“The best part of the walking is I get to contemplate God. I pray the rosary, get some exercise, look at nature and someone might talk to me and then, I share my contemplation with them.”
- American Bishop-Delegates Confirmed for Youth Synod
- Bishop Barron Calls for Evangelization, Apologetics in Upcoming Youth Synod “I don’t know any issue more pressing now in the life of the church than addressing the problem of the massive attrition of our own people, especially the young.”
- What’s Behind the Latino Priest Shortage?
PUBLICATIONS RELATED TO THIS WEEK’S ARTICLES:
- A Disarming Spirit: The Life of Archbishop Raymond “Dutch” Hunthausen, a biography and social history by Frank Fromherz, will be released for publication in the next few weeks. To reserve a copy, please contact [email protected]
- Walking the Road to God: “Why I left everything behind and took to the streets to save souls” by Father Lawrence Carney, Published in 2017 – by Caritas Press.
Film and Discussion: “What Is Truth?” Panelists: Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, Archbishop of Chicago and Rabbi Samuel N. Gordon, Sukkat Shalom – August 27, 2018 – 6:00 pm – Illinois Holocaust Museum
Let us hear from you….share news from your arch/dioceses. And, please remember to share This Week with your colleagues.