– Bishop Medley reported 16 men were ordained to the permanent diaconate. He thanked members for their role in recruiting and forming them.
– Rainbow Mass celebrated on Sept. 28. Young people from Catholic schools participated.
– Disciples Response Appeal underway.
– Members heard an update on Scripture Sunday- a tie-in with the New Evangelization and praying with Scripture, especially using lectio divina.
Other plans include a year of prayer for the Diocese, beginning with a Eucharistic Holy Hour at all parishes,
A day of reflection led by the bishop for priests, deacons, parish staffs, McRaith Catholic Center Staff, and Catholic school principals.
– A discussion took place on the re-wording of the Parish Assessment Policy concerning charitable contributions. Bishop will review the issue and make a final determination.
– Members reviewed drawings for the Bishop Cotton apartments planned refurbishing.
– Minutes contained notes from NFPC president Father Tony Cutcher’s Bishop and Priests in Council Workshop conducted on Sept. 18.