Bishop Medley reported on his trip to San Antonio for the SEEK conference held in conjunction with FOCUS, a Catholic campus ministry organization. He mentions his upcoming pilgrimage to Mexico to express gratitude to bishops for priests and sisters who minister in the diocese.
- He offered observations on the Governor’s Commission on Criminal Justice Reform.
- In his State of the Diocese address, he offered his observations on:
- Amoris Laetitia
- Disciples Response Fund
- Parish Audit Process
- In new business a proposal was made to encourage all pastors to set aside one Sunday per year to focus exclusively on the Bible. A suggestion was made to form a small committee to look into the proposal. A member also sketched out the key points made in Pope Francis’ apostolic letter Misericordia et Misera, released in November 2016 at the end of the Year of Mercy.
- Members heard a report on the provincial meeting hosted by the diocese from Nov. 29-30.
- Finally, in listening to a report on prison ministry, members expressed their wish to see a concerted effort on the part of the diocese to assist priests in their attempt to gain access to jails and prisons.