Archbishop Aymond thanked the members of the planning committee of the September priests convention for their fine work. Minutes note the convention was positively received by many.
– The result of the election of officers is as follows:
Father Nghiem Nguyen – Chairman
Father Jimmy Jeanfreau – Vice-Chairman
Father Daniel Green – Secretary
– The Confirmation Preparation Policy is undergoing final consultation before it returns to the committee that will take input from the consultations and draft a new policy. It will be reviewed by priests, deacons, directors of religious education, school personnel, and youth ministry directors for final approval.
– Members approved the recommendation that the Office of Family Life Apostolate be changed to Office of Marriage and Family Life.
– The Pastoral Practices Committee report included a suggestion by Archbishop that an electronic manual be published so parishes that want to celebrate certain observances would be readily able to do so.
– The Continuing Formation Committee reviewed the positive feedback from the priests’ convention. Materials will be kept on file for the next convention in four years.
Finally, during Archbishop’s remarks, a member asked if the US bishops’ conference was planning any initiatives concerning the issue of gun violence.