The first agenda item for the February meeting of the Birmingham Council was a presentation by representatives for Gathering for Mission program. Brochures were handed out to attendees. Gathering for Mission is a project of the Catholic Committee of the South.
– An extensive discussion took place regarding consolidating databases. This would include the entire diocese and involve significant upgrades in software. More conversation to take place on cost and exclusions.
– In old business, the sale of several diocesan properties was discussed.
– Bishop Baker has several Listening Sessions scheduled
– A concern was raised about possible school closings
– A concern was raised about two religious communities that may leave the diocese within the next 5 years.
– The US Bishops’ letter on immigration was discussed.
– The Come and See Weekend drew 23 young men.
– A Eucharistic Congress in conjunction with the diocese’s 50th Anniversary is being discussed for 2019